Sunday, May 11, 2008

finally

hmm, where to start? i went skating again & it was even crazier than the 1st time. that's my new favorite hobby for realz. also, LifeGroup has been awesome- everyone finished telling their life stories & we've done some fun things together- ex. girls' nite out @ miyabi- so great. tomorrow nite we're having a "nite of prayer & praise" at my apartment. super excited about that!

we celebrated tori's birthday & i went to the crawfish festival...saw a million people i hadn't seen in ages like from high school & stuff. it was a blast.

my parents got home from their 2 week trip so i'm back in my own bed finally, not getting woken up in the middle of the night having my face licked & my back clawed, etc. ooh, sounds kinky- too bad it was 2 cats & a dog. jk. well... ha.

mostly, though, i've been working on that movie 'Nailed' that's filming here. there was a press conference scene, a funeral scene, & a burger hop scene. i had to be a senator's aide for the 1st two & a "girl on a date" for the last one. ha. it was so much stinkin fun....long, hot, long, & hot, but fun.

i was placed in the pew directly in front of the actors for the funeral so i heard the craziest conversations. i know more about those people than i should, let's put it that way. we all had to sign confidentiality contracts, so i can't tell you all the juicy details, but i'll tell you a few things- 1) tracy morgan is the funniest man alive & makes me pee in my pants laughing, but homeboy is high maintenance! talkin bout askin for cooked asparagus during a take. they went right out, got some & cooked it for him within 20 minutes. he gets whatever he wants- that's for sure. he also loves "trying out bits for his comedy show" on everyone. i was dying. he sings TV theme songs a lot, too. i heard loveboat, bonanza, etc. he rubbed my shoulder & i turned around & he asked if i ever watched scooby doo. i was like- um, duh, yeah. so we sang the entire theme song together staring in each other's eyes face to face. i was like THIS IS SURREAL- I'M SINGING SCOOBY DOOBY DOO WITH TRACY MORGAN. haaaaa. crazy crazy crazy. he started telling different extras they looked like certain famous people- and then he said "yeah, people tell me i look like a young orville redenbacher" in that tracy morgan voice- which is his normal voice by the way. i disrupted the whole church laughing. my lord. 2) jessica biel is very quiet, to herself, not the friendliest in the bunch, but whatev. strictly business, i guess 3) pee wee herman is probably the nicest of all. he even took a picture with me!! love that man. 4) reese witherspoon was on set 1 day visiting her boyfriend jake gyllenhaal. she's adorable. 5) justin timberlake was around visiting jessica. never saw him (CURSE), but the movie isn't done til mid june, so maybe there's hope for us yet. it's been great & i hope i get to work some more!!

the only sucky thing was that i missed a concert i really wanted to go to. marry a thief & manchester orchestra were playing at headliners friday nite, but of course we worked 15 friggin hours & i didn't get to go. i only know a few manchester songs that i found on my own, but i really wanted to hear them. two i found that i liked a lot were "the procession" & "colly strings." there's a guitar part- maybe like just 3 or 4 notes- they play during colly strings that literally gives me chills every single time i hear it. "Cause like dying young, idols got the best of me (guitar part that gives me chills)
Well don't stop calling, you're the reason I love losing sleep (guitar part that gives me chills). you get the picture. that song makes me cry for some reason. it's that freakin guitar part & i don't know, just something about it. everything about it. does that make me weird? maybe, but music does crazy things to me. just can't help it. i love intense passionate songs, bands, people, etc. oh man. anyway, maybe next time.

this week should be cool- i've got baseball plans, concert plans, & packing plans! i'm leaving for mississippi this weekend for another mission trip to build houses. i'm kinda nervous bc i'm not the best at "construction" if you can imagine, but i love helping people in any way i can, even if it's hard as crap. i'm asking God to prepare me for this trip & to get my mind off of myself for once.

i subbed for an OI class- kids ages 5-11 in wheelchairs who can't say much or even hold their heads up without help, have to be fed & diapers changed, etc. it had a huge impact on me & i was only there from 7:30 to 2:30 for 1 day. i had mixed thoughts during my time in their classroom. i envied them because they are completely oblivious to the world around them & the hard things we have to go through. they'll (hopefully) be taken care of until they die without a care in the world- because even if they have "cares," they can't comprehend them. one little boy had braces on his legs, couldn't hold his head up in his chair, but would start smiling & laughing uncontrollably. i took him out of his chair at one point & he laid back on me in a bean bag & i flipped through books for him to see the pictures. his entire body would start shaking with laughter & he had the best smile i've ever seen. it was contagious- i'd start laughing & we'd just laugh together at absolutely nothing for minutes at a time. it was amazing. on the other hand, being in that classroom slapped me in the face as far as how blessed i am. why do i complain about anything? my circumstances? are you kidding me? i could be dying, confined to a wheelchair, unable to voice & share my thoughts, beliefs, opinions, faith. i suck, dude. it's about time to realize just how good i've got it.


finally, let me just say that my family is amazingggg. i had the best time with them today- God has blessed me more than i could ever understand with those people & with this life. i hope i don't disappoint.

No comments: