Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holy Moly

I'm sorry I always wait forever for my updates, but here we go...

The fair was beyond fun, as always. My lifetime get in free pass is still one of my favorite Christmas presents of all time. Thanks, Dad!


Went to a last minute decision audition for a small role in a feature independent film being shot in NC next month- had to wait 4 hours to audition bc so many friggin people were there, but did make a cool new friend who I'm totally keeping in touch with.


Enjoyed Halloween as a Smurfette- not THE Smurfette, just A Smurfette. I went the less blonde, less slutty outift route. It was awesome! No blue face, just blue hair. Hit up several parties & of course looked/laughed at all the costumes downtown for a bit. So entertaining.


Also went to the Grave Diggers Ball in Charlotte for a huge Halloween party. Please let me tell you who was there.... oh, just the BACKSTREET BOYS. It was plain hilarious & awesome. I'm not gonna lie, I like one of their new songs. It's just so catchy! Check it...




Watched the Michael Jackson movie This Is It & loved it. That was one funny, yet genius dude. He knew exactly what he wanted & wouldn't stop til he got it (or til he got enough- ha). One of my favorite parts was when he was on the crane thing going out over the audience talkin bout "hi, hello, God bless you" in his little michael voice. You have to see it to know what I'm talking about, but it made me laugh aloud. "Guys, we gotta just let is simmer. Let it sizzle." Ha, so good. The Thriller video/performance was SICKKKK, too. I want the DVD.


On a scary note, I went over to my parents house out of the blue one night to say hey and boy was it God telling me to be over there. It was later than I had planned on going so I almost went on home, but I just felt like I needed to go on over for a few minutes. My dad had just gotten home from running errands & my mom was taking a nap in their room. I talked to dad & then went to say hey to mom. It took her a while to wake up which isn't normal, but she did & we talked for about 5 minutes then I went in the other room.

I heard a loud noise & went back in & mom had fallen down. I thought she'd gotten her foot caught in the bed sheets or something, but she got up & started walking again & went to grab the doorknob & fell out. I'm talking eyes rolled back, entire body limp, unconscious. I screamed for dad & we slapped her face & yelled her name & tried to pry her mouth open bc she wasn't breathing. I ran & got the phone & called 911. I wish I could hear a recording of that call- I bet I sounded insane. My whole body was shaking like crazy & I could hardly stand up. Mom came to for about 30 seconds & took a big gasp of air. We tried to help her get to the couch, but she fell out unconscious again. At this point Dad stayed on the floor with her & I went outside to wave the ambulance down.

It finally got there & they all raced in. Mom came to again and they did all their tests, etc. & got her in the ambulance and I followed it to the emergency room. Worst drive of my life. Long story short, mom had had bronchitis & was severly dehydrated from that, but the major thing was that the medications she had taken that day screwed her blood pressure & dropped it dangerously low. The meds for her bronchitis reacted with her blood pressure meds & the muscle relaxer she had been given for a pulled muscle in her neck and they said if she hadn't gotten to the hospital, she could have gone into cardiac arrest & possibly died. IT WAS HORRIBLE. But praise the Lord she's fine, we got help in time, I was there, etc. They said she's super healthy after running all their tests so that's great news- that it was only the dehydration & medication rx that caused it. Most scared I've ever been in my life by far. I can now say I've called 911. I'd love to never have to do it again.



Homeless for the Homeless was great. I got to be a tour guide in the walk-thru & Charlie was in one of my groups. I asked him to tell his story to the other people in my group while we were waiting to go in & I think it really touched them all, so that was super cool. They were asking him questions & all this stuff. Awesome time.



I can finally say I've been to my first movie premiere. There were 2 actually- in Greer & in Columbia. I can't tell you how nervous I was. I'm usually a relatively independent & confident person, but that junk was scary. I was just hoping I hadn't ruined the big scene in my friend's movie. haha. It's a lot of pressure to want to do well not only for yourself, but for the good of the movie as a whole. It was my 1st time with lines opposite someone, too. I've done monologues or silent indie films or background work, but never an actual scene, so it was a learning experience. But, even though I can be self critical & think about what I should or shouldn't have done, I think I tried my best & did the role justice for the most part. Everyone has said they enjoyed the movie, so that's great news.

It's being submitted to a bunch of film festivals & it's even going to be playing in it's entirety in front of some major films including Fantastic Mr. Fox, Lovely Bones, Blindside, etc. at Cinebarre locations around the U.S. Now that's crazytown.

And speaking of films, remember that audition I told you about earlier? Well, I got the call and I got the part! Holy moly. Pretty cool. I'm waiting for more details so when I get them, I'll blog some more.



Went to see Brand New in Myrtle Beach & freaking loved it. Had seafood at my favorite seafood restaurant beforehand with some great friends (bailey, kp, mikey) and then enjoyed a photoshoot at the Alabama Theater. bahah. It was awesome. I'm heading back to HOB to see Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin, & All American Rejects next weekend. Can't WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT.


My cousin and I may or may not have thrown a Michael Jackson Roller Skating Party...MAY!! Good night it was amazing. We had over 60 people show up & literally just enjoyed mj music & each other's company. I really wanted to plan something where Christians & non Christians could come together, hang out, meet, etc. I wanted people to see the brotherly love we have for each other & want to be a part & know why. It was a great opportunity & a great time.


It's been a roller coaster of a month, but I've made it & will continue to sing praises to Jesus and thank God for his incredible favor.

No comments: