Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Love My Job Because....

- I get to hang out with children under age 3. (I encourage speech, gross motor, fine motor, social, adaptive, & cognitive skills through play).

- I get to develop relationships with some of the families, esp. the moms. Sometimes they need someone to talk to and I listen. We've actually become friends. They invite me to birthday parties, baby showers, Easter egg hunts, etc. It's awesome.

- I wear whatever I want- usually sweatpants, scrubs, t-shirts, etc. It rocks my world.

- God reminds me of the beauty of his creation as I do a good bit of driving to the home visits. I see children in all parts of Richland & Lexington counties and I've always got my eyes wide open to everything around me. I see deer, butterflies, sunsets, ponds, changing leaves, fields, farms... beautiful.

- The driving time also lets me talk to God a lot.

- And listen to music. I have dance parties & sing-a-thons in my car all the time.

- I see the work pay off in the end. Children get help & families are grateful.

- I see both ends of the spectrum. I serve families in giant houses in Blythewood and then projects & trailer parks in sketchy areas of town. It gives me perspective & keeps me humble.

- Every day is different.

- I make my own schedule.

- There are great benefits, holidays, days off, bonuses, etc.

- I actually get paid for this.

Now like every job, there are parts that are hard, stressful, tedious, time consuming, etc., but overall what a blessing to even have a job right now, much less one that's so amazing.

No comments: