Friday, June 4, 2010

20 Bits & Pieces

1) The SC state fair will always have my corndog, carnie, zipper- loving heart. I also have a lifetime get in free pass to the fair. Dad gave it to me for Christmas one year. True story.

2) I went by Brooke for the 1st 10 years of my life. Then it was the double name of southern awesomeness, Mellie-Brooke & finally Mellie. One grandmother still calls me Brooke and the other still calls me Mellie Brooke. And I’ve got nicknames for days, y’all.

3) I pretty much have the worst memory ever…especially with names, unfortunately. Chances are, if you ask me how we met, I’ll have a problem remembering. It doesn’t mean I don’t adore you as a friend, it just means my mind is wack. I’m so sorry about that!! Definitely working on it. This is also why I can’t audition for big parts in live theater. I’d literally ruin the show forgetting lines. Haha.

4) Traveling is one of my verrrry favorite things to do ever. I still want to go to Australia, Italy, & New Zealand so bad. Places I’ve loved visiting include Hawaii, Belize, Colombia, South America, Florida Keys, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, NYC, Vegas, & LA. I can’t forget Disney World. I’m kind of obsessed with Disney World. Arielllll!

5) I hate playing sports. I’m just not sporty spice. I love what most people call “non sports” like dance, gymnastics, working out, roller- skating & even swimming, but the bus stops there, friends. Though I’m not a prissy girly girl, either. I’m just a performing arts geek at heart. I will say I love to watch sports, though.

6) While working on Leatherheads as a flapper dancer, I literally saved George Clooney’s crotch from imminent doom. If you haven’t heard the story, ask me sometime & I’ll tell you the details.

7) I recently got carded at a rated R movie. You have to be 17 for those. Then again, I did play a high schooler in a musical last summer. Yep.

8) After taking a few years of piano lessons when I was young, the only song I really remember how to play is the chorus of Richard Marx “Right Here Waiting” and I’m completely ok with that.

9) Mr Pibb/Pibb Extra is better than Dr. Pepper…and I like Dr. Pepper a lot.

10) I’d rather be single forever than date someone I know I’m not supposed to be with just because I’m “lonely.” I will never date somebody simply because I want to be in a relationship. Never. It’s God’s timing or nothing. I’m not trying to pick up more unnecessary baggage.

11) I hate regular milk, but I love chocolate milk.

12) I’m pretty terrible at art/drawing- My best friends in college used to play a game where they’d ask me to draw certain things as well as I could and then we’d all scream out laughing at the finished product. I still play it sometimes with myself. Hotdog bus.

13) I’ve always had a thing for rockstars & class clowns. Mostly class clowns, though. If we have the same sense of humor & you make me laugh a lot, you’re probably gold.

14) When I was in 1st grade, I got stabbed in the leg with a pencil by a kid on accident who was playing around in line and the lead is still in there. And check this out…my mom has pencil lead in her same leg, same exact spot from her childhood. CRAZY!

15) For several years I drove around with an airbrushed beach scene license plate on the Scort with my name on it. (Thanks J-La and Rahry) I wish I could find it, I’d put it back on.

16) One time I rode on an elephant in front of a large crowd. It was kind-of awesome.

17) My first concerts besides sick nasty awesome Carman, were Alanis Morissette and The Wall Flowers. Randomcity. I’ve now recently seen NKOTB, Boyz II Men. Lady Ga Ga (actually opening for new kids), & R. Kelly. I also once skipped class for a Clipse concert at the MTV homecoming special they filmed at USC. Haha. For serious, my favorite band is probably Jimmy Eat World, though.

18) When I was growing up I got asked for my autograph at least twice because people thought I was Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. Once at Carowinds I almost signed, but at the last minute I had to crush his dreams & tell him I was only her twin sister. Everyone at my mom’s work called me Winnie.

19) When I was super young I didn’t have 1 imaginary friend... I had 2, twins. Bee & Bay. They were dudes & they were awesome. Maybe they are the reason I’ve always had a lot of guys friends?

20) I was so bad when I was little. Mom said once we were in the grocery store & I ran off. When she found me I was throwing eggs on the floor and when she told me to stop I said “No, dammit.” Haaaaaaaa. I know my butt got tore up that night. Wow.


It’s fun to reminisce.